Thursday, December 4, 2008

A Pleasant Surprise

Today I didn't eat for most of the day. It was quite sad. I got up too late and then I had a breakfast bar and milk for breakfast. Before I knew it, we had our weekly staff meeting and then I was whisked off to another office for another meeting. For two hours. It was now 4 pm. And all I had to eat was a Kashi fruit bar and milk... At 4:30 I finally ate Lenny's very delicious Grilled Chicken Teriyaki Wrap (why did I just capitalize all of these?) and a side tortellini salad. Mmmmmm...

Cut to 7:30.

My phone rings. It is Kristen. It's Thursday, which means that she will want to grab a bite to eat and then we will have a TV night. Good times. The conversation goes like this:

"Would you like to grab a bite to eat?"

"Sure. I ate lunch at 4:30. I will go with you, but I won't eat much."

"What about Uno's?"

So I went. Every so often we like to have a night where we feel like we are in the suburbs.

My problem with Uno's is the calorie count. No, I am not completely strict about that, but I am trying to take off a few pounds and make some better lifestyle changes. Most of their options are over 1,000. (BTW I am supposed to have around 2,000 per day.)

What I didn't expect was the tasty salad. Everything I love was in it: Grilled shrimp, red onion, feta, romaine, balsamic dressing, and nachos.

Yes I said nachos.

I totally missed that when I read it on the menu. I may have asked for it to be taken out, but I am glad because that shit was DELICIOUS!

I am still beside myself.

P.S. What is up with Grey's Anatomy? The only thing that I can say is that Izzie must be dying because she is having regular sex with a ghost, and if there is any neat wrap up to that I will lose my mind.

P.P.S. How awesome was 30 Rock? It was very timely for me as I just missed my own high school reunion.

P.P.P.S. Thanks to all of you who responded to last night's survey. I am keeping it!

2 comments:

Kim said...

That salad sounds amazing.

It has leaked what is going on with Izzie. I won't say here, in case you don't want to know, but if you check the Ausiello Files on ew.com, you can get your answer.

Anonymous said...

i finally caught up with grey's this weekend. i have no idea what's going on. i mean, seriously what the hell is happening????? is she dying, is it post traumatic stress disorder????? And why WHY are all the girls suddenly so ugly. Mer looks like shit, Christina looks like hell, and Lexie is the mousiest thing I have ever seen. I MISS MY FIRST SEASON.