It all started with the best of 4th of Julys. I woke up at 7:30 in the morning so that I could go watch the Coney Island Hot Dog Eating Competition. I didn't have enough breakfast, so I ate two amazing Nathan's Hot Dogs when we got to Coney Island. It makes me gag a little thinking about it, but it helped curb my hunger at the time. 2 quality dogs with onions and mustard goes a long way. The winner of the contest ate 64 hotdogs in about 12 minutes. I have no idea how one could do that.
After all was said and done, we went to the beach for a while and then rode the Cyclone. It is an amazing amazing ride. It's 8 dollars and well worth every penny. You should save up to go to the chiropractor afterwards, though.
This was followed by the movie Hancock. I was not a fan.
Then fireworks on TV.
It was a fantastic day because I was with great company. I have been very blessed with two families: my family of Hruskas who are all over the country, and the family of many names who live in New York. As I sit and write this I cannot help but feel all the love that radiates through my life. It makes me feel like the luckiest guy in the world.
The other reason this weekend rocked comes via my dayjob. Let's go back about two years:
I was a box office manager. The original intent on said job was to pay off some debt and get some insurance. Then I would save up a bunch of money and go and be an actor.
I fell of that track very easily after being generally discouraged and becoming very insecure. It was at that point that a little show called [title of show] came into my life and rocked my world. It taught me to kill my vampires, and to just create.
I watched the show about 18 times when it played, and now it's back at the Lyceum Theater on Broadway. And the show has grown this cult following. The first preview was about 20 minutes longer than normal because every other line stopped the show. It is a must see. This company deserves all the love that is coming their way.
Okay guys it's too late. I fear I may have stopped making sense at about the sentence "This weekend rocked."
I am not going back to proof. Forgive me. It's so unprofessional of me.
This is my new favorite picture:
No comments:
Post a Comment