Monday, June 23, 2008

Not Enough Time...

I am totally late today, but with good reason.

Tonight I said goodbye to a friend that is moving back to the Burgh of Pitts. She had a blowout party to see her off on the rooftop of a Manhattan hotel. Since clearly I am a pauper, I milked an Amstel light for an hour and then headed back to Queens.

This weekend makes me long for a day that is at least 38 hours not only because the time has flown by so quickly, but also people come and go so quickly here. It makes me realize how much I need to make the most of everything.

After the party, my roommate and I went to grab a bite to eat at Omonia cafe. Every time we go there, I remember that the wait staff most likely will leave us at our table after our food has come for around 40 minutes. I usually get antsy, as I did tonight, until my roommate turned to me and said, "We constantly feel the need to rush and for what? Wouldn't we just go and sit around at home?"

And suddenly I relaxed. And we people watched. Broadway was hopping around midnight on a Sunday, strangely enough.

Suddenly I saw a girl I knew.

I audibly gasped.

She turned.

And there in front of me was the Starbucks barista. Now there are 3 Starbucks, maybe even more, within a 5 minute walk from work. I am not even a huge fan of Starbucks. However, the Starbucks at 15th Street and 3rd Avenue is a shining beacon of light staffed with the most pleasant people. It has been dubbed with the name East because it is the easternmost Starbucks and it just ranks so much higher than the rest.

She said hello and waved. And starstruck, much like Lindsay Lohan in Mean Girls , I waved with a huge grin and a loud "Hiiiiiiiii!!!!"

It dawned on me that I looked like a huge dork.

Now I will have to see her tomorrow.

Sleep well,
D

No comments: