Last night I was spending some time with some dear ones and I totally had one of those "it sucks to be me" moments. Actually it continued through a lot of the rest of the evening. As discussed previously, those thoughts happen to everyone and sometimes beer just makes it a little more vocal!
So I feel I owe an apology to anyone I whined to, especially Rachel. waar-waaaar. There's nothing like a Debbie Downer at a Super Bowl playoff.
And I think I am going to give a shout out to the Secret and list the things for which I am grateful. These are in no particular order. I think this is a Secret thing. I heard grumblings about it at work.
I am grateful for:
1) My awesome job. I really I work with fantastic people and help produce theatre that I love.
2) My family. I think that I have mentioned this before but I have two: one is blood relatives. I don't get to see them nearly enough, but I love that when I do see them hours pass by in minutes (actually that part makes me a little sad because it seems like there is never enough time,) and they can make me talk on the phone for hours. And I hate talking on the phone. The other family is a little different. I would say that they were hand-selected, but I feel like they were kind of chosen for me too. One of my best friends became so because we both needed some roommates in college. I met the other three months before we started college and ran into her by chance three times later. We became inseparable on the first day of school. I feel like I have many other stories like these; people coming into my life at the perfect moment for us to begin a long-standing relationship.
3)That other college family that has recently come into my life more frequently the past 6 months. GO STILLERS!
4)My life in New York. Almost 6 years ago (in a week) I came here and it was so terrifying. I thought it would never work. I don't see myself leaving anytime soon.
5)All of the comedic material I get from the following:
My landlord and her crazy grandchildren: I think I will write my tell-all called Nona!!!!!!! I Need A Piece of Bread!!! or You Moved My Shoes. I Will Stab You!!!!
The Rock Of Love Series. A bus this season. Really???
Our neighbor I cannot write about because you will judge me as a horrible person.
The open mic night at Cronin and Phelan's.
6)My Calphalon cooking pans (thanks Mom and Larry!) and my addiction to the Food Network that allows me to eat well.
7)The great theatre that I have seen this year that moved me.
8)The coffee shops in Queens that provide hours of European lifestyle.
9)All the opportunities that are ahead.
10)Tomorrow, when change will come to this country. I understand that Barack Obama will not be able to fix everything, and that he is just a man, but he inspires people to be better. That is not something I have felt from our Government in my adult life. I like that.
This is getting long so I am going to wrap this up.
xo,
D
2 comments:
oh man, i miss #8 so hard. Happy New Year, Dennis. you're lovely.
I vote for NONA!! I NEED A PIECE OF BREAD.
And I love you.
And I'm sorry we spat over our lame relationship issues. I whined right back 'atcha.
xo
R
Post a Comment