Monday, March 1, 2010

Spring is almost here!

On my days off, I like to take walks.  There is something so relaxing about it.  I will walk around, get an iced coffee, go visit nearby friends.  It's why I love living in the city!

Today on my iced coffee walk, (yes I realize it's cold for iced coffee, but I prefer it!) it dawned on me that we are almost at my favorite time of year.  The snow is starting to melt.  And it will be a bit chilly for a few more weeks, sure, but the warm air is coming.  And so are the buds.  I love the smell of everything coming to life again. And the added bonus, open air restaurants become open air again. There is nothing like having brunch outside on a warm spring day.

2 comments:

Kit Ingui said...

I agree completely - I love the time of year when the trees start to bud. It's a little (HUGE!) thing you just don't see when you grow up in ever-flowered Florida. :)

Anonymous said...

can you make it come any faster?! Please?!?!