Yesterday my roommate gave my landlord the news: We are looking for a new apartment and plan to be out by August. I am sad that she did it alone, as our landlord was sad and made a production out of it. She said we were her favorite tenants ever and she would kick out her grandkids and would renovate our apartment if it would make us stay. Its such a lovely gesture, but it is time for us to move on, and she will most likely be able to charge more for apartment than we were paying anyway.
So now I am starting the process of cleaning out the things that I have not touched in years. Sadly, I found hair product. Wow. That went away a long time ago. Sheesh. I don't even remember using it!
I also made my first dreaded trip to the Goodwill. That hurt. I took two garbage bags of clothes and books and walked fourteen blocks with them. That may not seem far, but it was. Oh it was. I think I will rethink that process.
Moving is exciting.
1 comment:
You gotta put the garbage bags in suitcases and roll them there...it's the only way.
Post a Comment